Saturday 2 September 2017

Rainbows on the ocean


When I was living over in Cottesloe, I wasn't prepared for what I'd experience there, overlooking the ocean. Because I just thought I'd wake up to the ocean every day - which I was pretty pleased about and would have been happy with just that - but I woke up to and experienced so much more. One of those surprises were the abundance of rainbows. I've never seen so many huge and beautiful ones. And I witnessed the birth of a few - have you ever watched a rainbow form across the sky? It's frickin' mesmerising... anyway, so the thing I wasn't prepared for were the rainbows. As such, I now have them engrained on my mind. And half of my camera roll 😆 and so I had to have a go at recreating one. Now, it was a bit of a challenge to create, I'm not gonna lie (mainly because the new colouring pencils I bought from Coles were shite), I honestly don't know how Mother Nature does it (because you have to mix all kinds of atmospheric effects to create one; rain, cloud, sunshine, and it's hard to translate that onto the page) but I tried my best. The expert at them is definitely, without a doubt, Mother Nature, she's extraordinary that's for sure 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment