Saturday 2 September 2017

Cottesloe Beach

When I came out to Aus, I packed some of my favourite art wash pens in my case. I found them this evening, right at the bottom. A few had dried out but I was left with 4 colours. Amazing what you can do on a few little resources. 

There's this spot on Cottesloe beach, just before you approach where the Norfolk Pines line the edge, and the azure blue of the sea and the sky shine through, peeping between the shadows of the trees. 

I've studied these trees time and time again since I've been here as they fascinate me. They're handsome trees, strong, and seem to weather all storms. Their branches and fluffy edges point up to the sky and flick out at the ends, and their trunks sometimes bend and curve. If they're close to another one, they hug together, their branches entwining.

No comments:

Post a Comment